Goodwyn "A" Jacket
- Heerema Marine Contractors
- Northwest shelf, Australia
- Jacket piles
- Special Pile Top Drill rig
In 1993 Woodside Offshore Petroleum Pty. Ltd completed construction of the Goodwyn “A” steel jacket offshore platform which is piled to the seafloor in 130 m deep water on the Northwest Shell of Australia.
Due to difficult soil conditions the jacket was primary founded with 2,65 m diameter piles driven to a depth of 116m below the mudline. Followed by 2,0 m diameter insert piles drilled and grouted to a depth of 181m below the mudline.
On request of Heerema a special top dril rig was designed by Wirth and DDC to meet the specified drill rig features. Such as:
- stroke of 10m to suit 9m dril pipe.
- top head drive with air, water & discharge swivels
- 200mT pull capacity
- reverse circulation principle
- 300mm internal diameter water course
- bottom hole assembly diameter 2500mm
- tilting mast with hoist cylinders fully enclosed in mast legs